I’m a designer and developer in California. I own and manage a software company called Flinto. This portfolio site is a sampling of the major projects I’ve worked on in the past several years.
Flinto for Mac
I co-founded Flinto and am its primary designer. As a company of just 4 people, we’ve had an outsized impact on the industry. Flinto has become a widely used Mac app capable of creating high-fidelity prototypes with smooth animated transitions, scrolling, micro-interactions, live on-device preview and more.
Flinto Lite is a prototyping tool that I designed and built with my co-founder. I conceived of the product while teaching an iOS UI design course at CCA. Flinto Lite was widely praised for its speed, ease of use and realism. Some concepts we invented quickly became standard across the industry.
This project drew on a wide range of skills from UI design to software development to photography. After launch, revenue went up 3x and the site was featured by media outlets such as The Today Show, DIY Network, InStyle Magazine, Martha Stewart, Swiss Miss and others.
On this small team I was responsible for UI design for our Mac, iOS and browser-extension products. I also did branding, product naming and Web development. Echofon was widely used, and it was always interesting to see which celebrities were posting from Echofon.
- Flinto Presentation at Cookpad, Tokyo
- Live Interview and Presentation at Pic-Collage, Taiwan
- Flinto Presentation at Etsy, Brooklyn
- Prototyping Talk at Sketch Together, San Francisco
- Prototyping Talk for Cascade Experience Designers, San Francisco
- Lynda Course Instruction
- Instructor of iPhone App UI Design, California College of the Arts
- Front-End Web Development Instructor, General Assembly
- Instructor of Advanced UI and Web Design, California College of the Arts
- SXSW Web Award: Odosketch (2009)
- Interactive Media Awards Best in Class Web: Odopod.com (2009)
- Communication Arts Web Pick of the Week: Odopod.com (2009)
- FWA Site of the Day: Odopod.com (2009)